09.05.2019

Riwal to spend €100 million

Dutch international access and telehandler rental group Riwal has announced that it will invest almost €100 million in 2,000 new machines for its fleet during 2019.

The company says that around 75 percent of the new investment will be for fleet expansion in order to support its international growth strategy, while the remaining 25 percent is for fleet renewal.

The 2,000 units will include scissor lifts, boom lifts, telehandlers and a variety of niche products. Aerial work platforms will largely come from JLG, Genie, Holland Lift and Skyjack, while telehandlers will be supplied by Manitou, Magni and JCB.

A substantial percentage of the new order will include electric and hybrid machines, as past of the company’s growing emphasis on sustainability. Examples include the 80ft JLG H800AJ electric and the 60ft Genie Z60 FE articulated booms, along with the 83ft Holland Lift hybrid HL-275H25 scissor lifts. In addition, Riwal will continue to invest in converting big JLG diesel booms up to 135ft into all electric machines.

Chief operating officer Pedro Torres said: “This fleet investment is essential to our growth strategy and our mission of delivering the best customer experience. We are expanding geographically as well as opening new depots and can meet customer needs by supplying a newer, wider range of access equipment. With the addition of more environmentally friendly models, we aim to support our customers in reaching their sustainability goals.”

Comments

MacKieEngineering
Every year we read the same "investment" amount by Riwal but I really wonder if major part of this so called "investment" is actually machines which will be sold on to final buyers. By the same logic an oil refinery would be investing in billions of USD in oil every year or a steel mill would make gigantic iron investments every year.

11 May 2019
This website is using cookies to provide an optimised user experience. By continuing you are agreeing to the use of cookies. More Info
OK